Our Objectives and Activities
Are in accordance with the RSL Constitution. Our key activities fall under the following State Branch Objectives. (The Queensland Branch of the RSL has many more objectives than those shown here).
- To provide Welfare and Pension Advocacy services to serving and ex-service persons and their dependants.
- To support the provision of commemoration and remembrance of those who have served our Country.
- To encourage fellowship and mateship for members of the League.
- To support the education of Australia ‘s youth in the achievements of our Armed Forces.
To co-operate with other ex-service organisations.
We do this by
- Providing welfare advice through personal contacts and referrals.
- Arranging and conducting commemorative events for ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day and Vietnam Veterans Day.
- We also assist the 5th light Horse with the commemoration of Beersheba Day.
- Making visits to sick and invalided veterans and their spouses.
- Conducting funeral ceremonies.
- Arranging regular social events, such as Friday nights bar and dining at the Maleny RSL memorial Hall and frequent special events.
- Sponsoring the TS Centaur Naval Cadet Unit.
- Supporting local youth, through direct grants, participation in events and advice and support with the obtaining of RSL and other scholarships and grants.
- Supporting community events though financial contributions and members participation.
- Maintaining the historical Maleny RSL Memorial Hall.
- Conducting regular coach tours for people often unable to get out and about.
- Weekly sponsored yoga sessions for the more mature.
We want you at the Returned & Services League of Australia, Queensland Branch, Maleny Sub Branch Inc.
Perhaps you have thought many times of joining the RSL but have been turned off by those big, poker machine filled clubs operating in so many areas these days. You probably remember the good old days of the RSL Memorial Hall and the “mateship” and camaraderie that prevailed within. Then, despair no more, for you have found RSL Maleny Sub Branch and we do not have the poker machines, but we do have a limited liquor licence for special events.
Become a Member
Membership of RSL Maleny Sub Branch is free for serving and former serving members. Social membership is a one off payment of $10 and completed application form to the RSL. You can complete your application online or download a form from the following link:
We operate from an old-fashioned memorial hall set amongst the rolling green hills of the Blackall Ranges on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland in Queensland.
All Service Memberships are free. Non-League Membership has a once only $10 fee to become a Life Subscriber. An application form is required to be filled out and returned to the Office. Every January we ask that all members notify the Membership Officer or Secretary of their status eg. Any changes to details or that all is the same and they wish to continue as a Life Subscriber. That we can update the details and you won’t drop off the list.